After a splendid breakfast, we left our spacious and characterful room (see above) at the Masseria and headed towards Lecce in the pouring rain. We wandered round enjoying the Baroque and Roman splendours there, before heading on a pretty, but wet route towards the coast.
![]() |
| Lecce |
![]() |
| Coast near Torre Saracena |
The Adriatic coast here is beautiful, but it was difficult to truly appreciate it as we battled the headwind. What should have been a really easy day has been pretty arduous, so we're glad to have settled into the lovely Agricampeggio Malapezza near Torre Saracena.
Unfortunately my age is showing, not in my cycling fitness as I feared, but in the fact that a recently filled tooth has decided to fall apart. I found a pharmacy open in Lecce and have now bunged it full of temporary filling, but I think it may be too far gone and I will need to find a dentist in the next few days.
However a glass (or, more correctly, titanium mug) of the local Negroamaro wine is making the problems of wind, rain and tooth feel much better!
Lecce to Torre Saracena - 45km, climb 160m



No comments:
Post a Comment